The Texas Education Agency (TEA) released accountability information for 2014-2015 and campus Principals are getting ready to celebrate when their staffs return for professional development activities beginning this Friday, August 14th. All of Marble Falls ISD campuses Met Standard.
Districts (except for those comprised of only one campus) that achieve a Met Standard rating are also eligible to receive up to seven different added honors called Distinctions that a school can earn in areas such as outstanding achievement in reading and math, or helping students take the SAT or ACT college placement assessments. To earn these Distinctions, schools must perform at the top of their comparison group of schools with similar demographics and economic factors. The Distinction takes into account factors such as graduation rates, ACT/SAT participation and performance, Career and Technical Education (CTE) graduates, and dual credit course completion rates. Postsecondary readiness is the only Distinction at the district level.
“Earning any type of Distinction under the State Accountability System is commendable and should be a source of pride in that community,” said Commissioner of Education Michael Williams. “Achieving the postsecondary readiness distinction reflects extraordinary work taking place within a district or charter while affirming a strong commitment to all their students.”
MFISD is proud that in addition to each of its campuses “meeting standard”, all of its regular education campuses earned one or more “Distinctions” from the State:
• MFHS: Academic Achievement in Science and Social Studies, Top 25% Student Progress, Top 25% Closing Performance Gaps, Postsecondary Readiness
• MFMS: Academic Achievement in Reading/ELA and Science
• MFE: Academic Achievement in Science, Postsecondary Readiness
• Colt: Academic Achievement in Science, Postsecondary Readiness
• HLES: Academic Achievement in Reading/ELA and Science, Top 25% Student Progress, Top 25% Closing Performance Gaps, Postsecondary Readiness
• SWE: Postsecondary Readiness
• Falls Career High School (Alternative Schools not included in Distinction system)
"I am proud of all our MFISD campuses for receiving a Met Standard rating and achieving many academic distinctions for superior achievement in one or more areas," said Leslie Baty, MFISD Curriculum & Instruction Department. "Every year, these achievements are accomplished through the hard work and dedication of our staff and students, and the support of parents and our community."
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow….Mustangs Forever!
Contact: Bruce Peckover